CPhI North America 2019 Conference Review
Pharma industry leaders gather annually at CPhI North America to discuss pharmaceutical manufacturing, outsourcing, R&D, drug delivery and supply chain related topics for small and large molecule finished drugs as well as advancements in bio-manufacturing.
2019 Keynote Presentations Included
Senator Jeff Flake
Join our April 30 keynote presentation at CPhI North America to hear Senator Jeff Flake’s opinions on pharma manufacturing, healthcare innovation, and the direction of healthcare as he sees it under our current structure of divided government, as well as scenarios beyond 2020.
Jeff Flake has nearly two decades of experience on Capitol Hill in both the Senate and House of Representatives. Heralded as an "ideal public servant" in The New York Times, Flake is renowned for his bravery in speaking out against the current administration, his principled stands on spending and free trade, and his shrewd negotiations and bipartisanship on complicated issues such as immigration.
Join our May 1 keynote presentation, to hear Brandon Allgood, CTO and cofounder of Numerate's perspective on artificial intelligence, the future of machine learning and why the drug industry needs to take notice.
Brandon Allgood manages the development and application of Numerate's AI platform and is responsible for Numerate’s technological vision. Brandon has also served as Director of Computational Science at Numerate and as a Research Scientist at Pharmix. He received a B.S. in Physics from the University of Washington, Seattle, and a Ph.D. in Computational Physics from the University of California, Santa Cruz. Brandon has authored scientific publications in astrophysics, solid-state physics, and computational biology and has 15 years of experience in large scale cloud and distributed computing, AI, and mathematical modeling. He is a member of the Forbes Technology Council and is a UCSC Foundation Trustee.
2019 Sessions Include:
Drug Development Track
• Building a Better Drug: Strategies to Enhance Patient Drug Regimen Adherence
• Development & Manufacturing Considerations of High Potent Drug Products – a CDMO’s Perspective
• Outsourcing of NDA Approvals and CMO Performance in 2018 and Future Outlook
• Chemical Facilities Outreach Exchange
• Miniaturization Pharmaceutical Technology (MPTech®) - An API Manufacturing Process to Increase the Operational Efficiency and Its Impact and Benefits on Patients
• High Potency API (HPAPI) Best Practices - Controlling Quality
• Formulation Trends Spotlight: Semi-Solid, Topical and Transdermal
• Quality by Design: Methods for Optimizing Spray-Dried Dispersions for Bioavailability Enhancement
• Is a geographically integrated CMC supply chain the next evolution of the CDMO model
• Continuous, on-demand dehydration of solvents in flow chemistry manufacturing processes
Drug Manufacturing Track
• API Part I - Advances in API Synthesis and Manufacturing
• API Part II - Advances in API Synthesis and Manufacturing
• When Science and Politics Collide: A Political Forecast Into 2019 and Issues That Will Impact Chemical Processing
• Quality Risk Assessment in Pharmaceutical Industry
• Challenges in Extractables and Leachables Studies of Plastic Process Materials
• AI, IoT and the Road to Pharma 4.0
• Pharma’s Problem with Data integrity
• Extrusion Applications in Manufacturing Pharmaceutical Oral Drug Products
• Innovation without Imitation: Utilizing U.S. FDA Drug Master Files
• The System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Computer System Validation (CSV) in Drug Manufacturing
• The Critical Approach to the Design of a HPAPI Suite in a Multi-use Facility
• Upstream processing: A new approach for scalability and transfer
• Filling The Gap in Skilled Workforce Shortage in Biomanufacturing
• The Role of Bacteria in Drug Metabolism