Welcome to the Speaker Resource Center!
Congratulations on speaking at our upcoming CPhI North America Conference! Included on this page are some helpful resources, tips and tools to keep in mind throughout the planning process. The term ‘Speakers’ also pertains to Moderators, Panelists, Facilitators and more.
We require each individual speaker to sign and return a speaker agreement prior to the show. Please review, sign and email back the attached speaker agreement to [email protected] by March 31.
All presentations should be created in PowerPoint™. CPhI North America has created a standard PowerPoint™ template for all speakers to use that is set up in the 16:9 aspect ratio.
What’s Included in Your Speaker Pass?
As a speaker, you are automatically registered for the conference free of charge. You will be able to retrieve your Speaker Badge from the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 118A. Speaker badge holders have access to the following:
- All Conference Sessions: 20+ sessions featuring trends and insights across the drug development, drug manufacturing and bioprocessing industries. For the full schedule go to http://schedule.cphinorthamerica.com/list.
- VIP Show Floor Access: Meet 630+ suppliers or attend show floor content such as Insight Briefings and Exhibitor Showcases. Speakers are also invited to check out the VIP Lounge located in room 118B.
- The Welcome Reception: Mix and mingle with other speakers and attendees on Tuesday, April 24th at 6:00 PM at the National Constitution Center, located at 525 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Transportation will be provided from the Convention Center or the Philadelphia Downtown Mariott.
- Speaker Ready Room: Located in room 118A, this is your area to rest up and prepare for your session.
- Daily Lunch: Speakers will receive daily vouchers for lunch which can be redeemed on the show floor.
- One (1) Guest Pass: As a speaker, you may invite one (1) guest to come and attend your session as well as the rest of the conference. To register, tell your guest to go to CPhINorthAmerica.com/register and to enter your Promo Code. This will apply a 100% discount on one (1) Conference Delegate pass. Additional passes may be purchased separately for a discount of 20% using your unique Promo Code.
Speaker Promotional Toolkit
To help you promote your participation as a speaker at the CPhI North America Conference, we have created a Speaker Promotion Toolkit. Below, you will find useful tips on promoting your session through social media, videos, banners, and more.
Don't forget to engage yourself in CPhI's social channels. Don't just follow us, but get involved in conversations and encourage attendance to YOUR session--provide followers with an insider's look at what will be discussed.
Tweet: I’ll be speaking at @CPhIWW in Philadelphia, April 24-26th. Check out my session and explore the multi-track conference program uncovering outsourcing, R&D, drug delivery, and advancements in bio-manufacturing http://gotocphi.com/2qjV9c. See you at #CPhINorthAmerica.
Facebook: Join me in Philadelphia from April 24th-26th as I’ll be speaking at @CPhIWW North America. Check out my session and explore the multi-track conference program uncovering outsourcing, R&D, drug delivery, and advancements in bio-manufacturing http://gotocphi.com/2qjV9c. See you there.
LinkedIn: From April 24th-26th I will be speaking @CPhI North America in Philadelphia. Check out my session and explore the multi-track conference program. Two tracks will be dedicated to pharma manufacturing, outsourcing, R&D, outsourcing, drug delivery and supply chain related topics, and one track dedicated to advancements in bio-manufacturing. Learn more about the conference program and discover all of the 30+ sessions. See you in Philadelphia. http://gotocphi.com/2qjV9c
Make your social posts more engaging with images!
On Site Information
Your guide to designing a great presentation
According to Dale Carnegie, there are always three speeches for every one that you give: “The one you practiced, the one you gave, and the one you wish you gave." Attendees tell us their most memorable session experiences are those that weave together a clear narrative with discussion, interaction and thought-provoking commentary around a story, project or theme. As you design your presentation, explore some of the tips and resources that CPhI North America has collected so that the presentation that you give and the one that you wish you gave are one and the same!
Designing attention-grabbing, audience-centered presentations should be the goal of all conference speakers. The most exciting and dynamic speaker still requires great material in order to make a great presentation. This is why presentation design is so important. CPhI North America has assembled the information here to help you build a presentation and supporting materials that will educate, influence, entertain and persuade your audience in a way that suits both the nature of the topic you are preparing to share and your personal presentation style.
Less is more – Your slides should contain a minimum amount of information; your slide notes, on the other hand, will contain far more content. Uploaded resources will have the most content and detail.
Avoid PowerPointless – Create slides that are complementary to your remarks, not identical. Use slides as a canvas for visual representations, graphics and photos and avoid simply “echoing” your slides in your talk.
Keep it simple – Focus on one idea per slide and remember that the number of information chunks we can recall at a time is “Seven, Plus, or Minus Two.” Assemble your presentation slide in seven chunks, plus or minus two.
Extend the conversation – It’s OK to include “information” slides with resources and the like, but don’t spend time presenting that content. Upload additional resources to your session or create a handout.
Practice, practice, practice – There is no substitute for advance preparation. Practice your presentation before your colleagues and review your session description to ensure that your presentation mirrors what has been promoted.